If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

.









CAM XE QUA CAU--La Gi










CAM XE QUA CAU--La Gi 2








"NO VEHICLES ON BRIDGE." Seeing my big camera, a woman thought I was a journalist, so she started to complain about these new concrete barriers. They block pedestrian traffic, she said, and can cause people to trip when there's a large crowd. As we were talking, a woman with a shoulder pole had to maneuver to just barely slip by the barriers. "See! See!" Although I explained I was just passing through and had no power to change anything, others joined in to complain about these insufferable barriers.

In Saigon, a corn seller who operated on the street, an illegality, said within my earshot that she was going to use her knife to cut my bag strap. She, too, thought I was a journalist.



.

No comments: