If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

An email to Rudy List:

I just got back from three days in Ea Kly, and about a month from now, my wife and I will move up there permanently.

It's certainly a backwater, but I'll be fine with it. The last three days, I walked all over to get a rough handle on it. There are many Rade in the region but you don't see too many of them on the main roads, and there's no such thing as a Rade restaurant.

I've been told that this is how they prepare one of their dishes. They have yellow ants swarm over slices of raw beef, so that these ants would urinate on the beef as they nibble on it. The ant piss-marinated beef would then be placed on a tin roof, to be baked by the sun.

Yummm!


Linh



................................................................

There are also many Mnongs in Dak Lak, and they too have a few unusual dishes, including a barely-cooked-pork salad, served in the pig's hollowed out carcass:


I've always been a when in Rome, do as the Romans kind of guy, so perhaps I'll get to try a few of these delicacies.



.

No comments: