If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, December 3, 2020

.








Two young men digging through a dumpster on 12-3-20--Beirut






Behind me was the rather gorgeous Banque du Liban, but with nasty black graffiti all over it. After I had taken photos of the defaced central bank, a security guard in a military uniform came out to tell me to erase my shots, so I did. He wasn't belligerent or nasty. When I told him I had no idea what the graffiti said, he explained, "There's a revolution. You don't know? A woman couldn't take her money, so she got angry."

With increasingly stringent capital control, many Lebanese are furious, so some have unleashed their rage on banks.


.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Linh!
Maybe you know this? Lebanon government pleaded with KSA to spend more money in Lebanon. See below?
Chuck Orloski

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-25/beirut-protests-draw-a-careful-silence-from-saudi-arabia

Billy Corr said...

It is too simple and dogmatic to ascribe the Lebanese mess to the cruelty of the wicked Jews. It is far more appropriate to blame the Lebanese political class for everything which has befallen Lebanon since 1975. The plain truth is that the Lebanese political class permitted the country to host armed forces (first the PLO, then Hezbollah) over which the Beirut government had no control.