If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

.








Mixed grill breakfast at Arnold's on 8-11-21--Cape Town






Mixed grill breakfast at Arnold's on Kloof Street, a five-minute walk from my apartment. For $6.65, you get coffee, two eggs, two hash browns, two thick slices of bacon, three pork chipolatas, two hunks of fried tomato, six chunks of eland steak and six chunks of ostrich steak. (Tips here are 10% or more.) Compare this feast with the $5.56 McDonald's Big Breakfast with Hot Cakes, with its miserable single patty of jivey sausage. The variety, quality and sophistication of food in Cape Town are among the best.


.

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Lovely meal, Linh! I admire your curiosity and willingness to travel to supposedly dangerous places to document the truth and beauty (even rough beauty) of those places as you see it. Looking forward to more blog posts from South Africa here and on Unz. Good luck to you!

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Roberto,

Being on Kloof Street is easy. I'll be here 6 1/2 weeks, so I'll have time to explore the rest of the city. Downtown, three guys tried very hard to trap me into a phishing scam. I'll write about it. In Woodstock, a guy I was drinking with kept saying I needed an African wife, then later he tried to borrow money from me. It is a pretty rough city, for sure.

Linh