If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, February 19, 2023









Grasshoppers, crickets, silkworm pupae and quail eggs for sale on 2-19-23--Skun copy




Skun has a famous insect market, but these grasshoppers, crickets and silkworm pupae were sold at a reststop. I bought quail eggs and silkworm pupae (on the far right). I had the latter in South Korea, but Cambodian ones are better.


2 comments:

Rabbit said...

Nope. I have become comfortable and non-judgmental about all cultures I've encountered, which does include SE Asian variations. I've even adopted some attitudes, clothing, spiritual and dietary customs. Adding to or replacing a few of my own Aussie/European ones. In fairness to my roots, I think some things should remain original and abhorrence towards eating certain things is top of my list. I bequeath all insects intended for my palette to those who would like some more themselves. Bon appétit.

I might just try a couple of tiny bird eggs. Never have I eaten such little things, and there's compromise in there since they're sold together. I'd prefer the chook eat the grub and turn it into an egg any day. If you go eating all it's bugs, how will it make good eggs?

* (Linh I love your work, and would love to be a paid subscriber. I am on the bones of my arse right now. Just escaped homelessness and bankruptcy thanks to a very good friend and once I am moved and set up, maybe I will manage to do better and reward your story telling as it deserves. )

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Rabbit,

The situation is getting seriously grim, so do think like a prepper and stock up on basics. Take care of yourself...

Linh