If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

.









DSC_0955








At a bar, iBrew, I met a woman who showed me photos of dinners she had prepared. I was impressed by the artfulness of the food arrangement. It's normal, she said. It's what expected from any housewife.

She had worked as a manager at an upscale department store, but quit because the work was too much. Now, she was looking to work again.

She was at iBrew with a girlfriend, a pastry chef. Her husband was at work.

The ladies were very friendly and open. The pastry chef had been trained in France and had worked in Indonesia for two years. She said she preferred life in Indonesia because it's less hectic and regimented.

I spoke to them in slow, basic English, and if there's a word they didn't understand, I wrote it down so they could decipher it via Google Translate.



.

No comments: