If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Two Samson Yee photos

of yours truly in Kawasaki. When I was in England, I found the English quite chatty and friendly, unlike the stereotype, and in Japan, I keep discovering the Japanese to be very open.

At the top, the gentleman in the middle is from Okinawa, and the man on the right is Ryo Isobe, music critic and author of a book on Kawasaki.

At the bottom, I'm being hugged by the bar owner. She's an ethnic Korean.

Ryo, Samson and I had wandered into this bar without knowing anyone there.








MVIMG_20181123_195022











MVIMG_20181123_183956_1










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo Linh! Heartwarming pictures of which I have not been experienced since life in my childhood, Taylor Borough neighborhood.

Evidently you didn't get to visit Kyoto and am wondering if you ever watched the fascinating film "Roshomon;" linked below for perhaps unfamiliar & fellow Dinh-ers?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon