If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

.









White model at Parkson Hung Vuong Plaza--Saigon 2









Since I was waiting for someone appropriate to appear in the background, it took me a while to get this shot, and when you fidget like that, you risk having a shop girl or security guard telling you to move on. This shop girl was friendly, however, and I did say to her, "I've never seen such a weird model!"

"There's nothing weird. She's a foreigner."

It looks like a booking photo, and though I have nothing against "trash," since nearly all my friends, of any color, are trash, I see in this ad campaign something rather cynical, if not sinister. Torn jeans, one shirt sloppily worn over another, bad tattoo and a half retarded looking chick with bad teeth who looks like she's just been caught shoplifting. Her cheap chain necklace is also worn outside her shirt. Someone is pushing white trash chic onto the "Third World."



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's worse than you imagine. https://doitq.news/ray-chandler-epstein-island-the-standard-hotel/

Astra Worthington said...

So even if I fled the US, to Vietnam, I still couldn’t escape our poisonous and vile culture? Depressing.