If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

.









Grave at Wat Hosantinimit--Vientiane









A Vietnamese grave at Wat Hosantinimit:

"On the 18th death anniversary
of Má Ba: 1/14/2002-1/14/2020
This year, you're a hundred-years-old, mother
Mother, you will forever be in our hearts"

After I photographed this note, my camera accidentally took another picture, and this almost never happens. I looked at the image and realized I had missed the woman's actual grave, which was beneath the one with the note. Immediately, I knew that Má Ba had directed me to acknowledge her, so thank you, Má Ba! We met.

She's from Bac Lieu, way down South in the Mekong Delta. Má Ba died a long way from home.


.

No comments: