If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

.









Room at Sounantha Guest House--Savannakhet









My $6.75 room near the bus station. The receptionist may have scammed me out of a few bucks, or maybe it was just an honest mistake on her part, or maybe I simply misperceived everything. I was exhausted. When you travel like I do, solo, with no guidebook or working phone, and usually with only the briefest research on the place beforehand, weird shit can happen, and it has. The day could have turned out much worse. I'm thrilled to be in Laos. Beautiful people here, relaxed and cheerful.



.

1 comment:

eahilf said...

So what happened to the recycling business in Vietnam? -- did you have to abandon that, at least for now, due to the family problem?