If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, May 25, 2020

.









American soldiers from Camp Carrol at train station on 5-25-20--Waegwan









I've been in South Korea for three months, and just about every day, I'd walk miles through the streets and take the subway, train or bus all over, but only today did I see sagging pants, showing underwear!

These were American soldiers at the Waegwan train station. There are 1,500 of them at nearby Camp Carroll.

These Americans were going to Daegu. They don't get out much, apparently. When I overheard a woman say, "We're in car number 1," I realized they were standing at the wrong section of the platform, so I told them where to go.

Korean trains have seven cars, and since they tend to stop very briefly at each station, you better get on quickly. If you get on the wrong car, you might have to walk nearly the length of the train to get to your seat, a real pain in the ass.

During the Korean War, the US Army believed North Korean soldiers were among refugees trying to cross a bridge in Waegwan, so it blew it up, killing hundreds of people.



.

2 comments:

eahilf said...

At this point re non-combat enlisted personnel, the American military is basically a jobs program for the dregs and flotsam of society -- some people used to denigrate teachers (I'm personally not sure why) by saying 'Those who can, do; those who can't, teach' -- but now you could also, or even better, say: 'Those who can, do; those who can't, join the military'.

Ian Keenan said...

I read 71% of Americans 18-24 don't qualify for the military because they're either obese or don't have a high school diploma.