If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sent by Chuck Orlovski on 5/26/20:

.









Scranton on 5-25-20









Memorial Day 2020; venue, St. George's Russian Orthodox Church Cemetery.

Is located at the peak of the Lackawanna Valley's West Mountain which overlooks my former-Taylor Borough home.
My maternal grandfather, Hungary-born, Steve Havrilko and son William are buried here.

Is a remote place, and one only hears a the cackle of a rather large & circling hawk. When firecracker noise reaches cemetery level, sparrows don't flinch, and they continue their endless search for earthworms.

Hilly, I like to walk the cemetery's perimeter grounds, and spring water is free and available to the living.

Was blue sky and warm today. Did graveyard laps, and upon reaching the top, was unmasked, & the older USA woman (who stands in the pic) acknowledged my presence, and said, "Hello..., but please stay 6 feet away from us?"



.

3 comments:

craig dudley said...

its said that humans go mad i herds and we're now watching it being demonstrated.

eahilf said...

"its said that humans go mad i herds and we're now watching it being demonstrated."

Yes.

But I'm sure staying 6ft away wasn't a problem.

Rabbit said...

I'd have told her not to worry, she'll be six feet under soon enough.