If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

.








Cheesesteak at Roadster on 12-11-20--Beirut






Before this, the last cheesesteak I had was in Philly in August of 2018. Here, the Roadster Diner's version uses edam instead of provolone or cheesewiz, and the bread is a baguette with a very nice crust, so it's definitely not authentic. It's better. The fries are also excellent. The salad has baby tomatoes and a dressing.


.

3 comments:

Jay Johnston said...

Yeah baby! Last one I had was a filete on baguette w/gouda. They put the mushrooms and onion on the side but looked at me strangely when I asked for pickles and ketchup.

philly joe chimay said...

But does it surpass horse meat?

Linh Dinh said...

I had horse meat just once, in Spain. It was rather tough and tasteless, but maybe it was an old horse, with a bad cook.


Lebanese meats and vegetables are exceptional, man.