If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, September 6, 2021

.








After beer run on 9-6-21--Cape Town






Just got back from a beer run. When all else fails, a few beers will loosen the synapses and get some writing going.

Cheap laptop bought in Vientiane 18 months ago is still going strong, but my two cameras have been acting up, forcing me to buy a new Canon 80D recently. My real problem was with the lens, I discovered after my pricey purchase. I tried to sell my 50D at the camera store, but the guy said it was worth nothing. Only cavemen use 50D's.

OK, now I go back to my just started article.


.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LD, it would be great if, after your African Adventure, you would compare and contrast urban African culture with your experiences in the 'hood. Nobody would be more qualified to do it!

Anonymous said...

Linh - Cheers! McGlinchey Joe

Anonymous said...

The Foreign Export Guinness is much better than the regular Irish Guinness because it's more flavourful and twice as strong - it goes down great. Even the one time I was in Ireland I shied away from the traditional Guinness and stuck to their Foreign Export, a brand I first saw and tried in Brussels, Belgium. In Brussels the Congolese men like their Foreign Export, I've often seen the bottles on café and restaurant tables in the African part of the city.

Cheers Linh!

xlarry said...

guiness--doesn't matter, it's no longer irish, and when it was, it was anglo-irish.