If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

.








With old Englishman at Corner Bar in Sea Point on 10-30-21--Cape Town copy






Without a room yet having hours to go before I could get on the bus, I went to Corner Bar in Sea Point. My first Cape Town bar thus became my last. Here I sat with an old Englishman who spun quite a few yarns. He said he had been recruited to South Africa 53 years ago by Harry Oppenheimer himself, and was paid in gold. He was so brilliant, he had six college degrees. He introduced me to a woman he said was Miss Israel 50 years ago. He said he had been to every country on earth but Australia, "because I'm not a convicted criminal." He claimed to be obscenely rich. His two sons had emigrated to the UK and lived near New Castle.

He showed me a sheet of paper that said:

COFFEE
IS
LIKE MY WOMEN

* *

LARGE
STRONG
HOT
BLACK
VERY SWEET



.

No comments: