If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, April 14, 2022










Rice gruel shop at 6 37 AM on 4-14-22--Vung Tau copy






Less than a minute from my building, a "nutritious rice gruel" shop at 6:37AM. Here you can have your gruel with beef, ground pork, chicken, pigeon, frog, pig's brain, pig's heart and kidney, eel, snakehead fish, salmon, sea crab meat, river crab meat, egg or even cheese, a truly radical ingredient I've never seen with rice gruel, but with so much competition, one must innovate, I suppose. Oh, and it's advertised as rice gruel as prepared in Thai Binh, a province way up north.


1 comment:

Rabbit said...

I wonder what is the most of humanity anybody ever experienced? My travels in Australia once saw me camping under a bridge when I was in my twenties in company with a man who was in his seventies and who'd been travelling this way around the country for more than 40 years. In talking obviously he had many things to tell which I had not seen. The surprising thing was that many things I related, were still outside his experience even then. So then there's this whole world. Even a couple of years backpacking SE Asia, which makes scenes like this at least familiar, did not include half the details in this picture alone. Could it be as high as 1% ? Probably not.