If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, May 6, 2022










Steak Viet on 5-6-22--Vung Tau copy






Sitting on the floor, low table with embedded hot pots, Champion Sake and Korean writing [and not Japanese, as erroneously stated earlier] reveal this to be a cartoon by a Korean, perhaps, so this is an image of white people having a great time as imagined by a Korean. This is found in Steak Viet, however, a Vung Tau restaurant with the slogan, "Australian Beef, Vietnamese Prices." Still, the menu features mostly American beef, and "hamburger, American style," which I ordered. The patty turned out to be a mixture of beef and pork, and, to make it even weirder, it was breaded! The French fries were also too crispy. All in all, a regrettable meal. I subject myself occasionally to these ordeals to show you what locals are eating, whether in Vung Tau, Beirut, Cape Town or wherever.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey linh, no idea what this piece of art is about but most of the non-roman writing is korean

Linh Dinh said...

Shit, man, you're right. I spent five months in Korea and still misidentify its writing, but then again, my senility is showing up more frequently. Let me correct the caption. Thanks for pointing this out!--Linh

Anonymous said...

Linh, the characters in this piece are from the popular Japanese anime One Piece. Interesting that the artist decided to depict them drinking soju