If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, July 4, 2022










Foreigner selling food outside school gate on 7-4-22--Vung Tau copy






There are always vendors outside school gates to sell food or toys, but this is the first foreigner I've seen doing it. He's pointing to his price, "15K" ["64 cents"], since he obviously couldn't speak Vietnamese. I had had a long day, and was in a hurry, so I didn't speak to this man. I'll try another time.


2 comments:

Martin said...

Something rather crummy must have happened in his life to put him outside a school in Vietnam selling 64¢ crap to little kids who are into 64¢ crap. If you're able to get it, I'll be interested in his story. Who knows, maybe he considers himself to be extremely lucky to be there.

Anonymous said...

This is Vung Tau, so he may be a Russian who stayed back after the oil drilling company he worked for had left because of the pandemic or for whatever reason.