If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, November 2, 2022









Sri Dandayudhapani Temple on 11-1-22--Saigon 3 copy




After visiting Sri Dandayudhapani Temple, I wrote to an Indian friend:
In Saigon today, I went to one of its Hindu temples, built by Indians in the late 19th century. The Vietnamese custodians there told me about a white guy in the neighborhood who had come in there four times to cause problems. Once, he brought a dildo and placed in on one of the altars. Another time, he draped a male underwear on a statue. Another time, he came in with a knife and a hammer, so a custodian, fearing for her life, had to run outside. Today he broke a plastic chair and a display case selling votive candles.

The first three times, cops were called, but they never arrested him. Today, I saw cops but not the white guy, who was presumably inside his guest house. Viet cops can be very corrupt, but hopefully they will solve this problem before someone gets killed. The custodians assumed he was a meth addict.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never see cops walking the beat on the streets of Vietnam. Are they always hiding somewhere or is it so safe on the streets here there's no need for it?