If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, March 11, 2023









Samheap Guest House on 3-11-23--Stung Treng copy




I'm paying $14 a night for a room with air conditioning at Samheap Guest House, an elegant hotel with lots of character, though way past its prime. I'm delighted to be in Stung Treng and this hotel.

Check out this four-months-old review, though. "Alessandro" gave this baby just 2 stars, "No hot water, dirty room, windows that cannot be closed and the light enters from all sides. Sorry.. but for 7.5 dollars I expected a better place!"

He got a room with just fan for $7.50. For that price, Alessandro, you can't rent a cardboard box nearly everywhere else on earth! Plus, there are more comfortable options here, but not for $7.50 a night.


No comments: