If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, April 14, 2023









AMOR FATI on 4-13-23--Pakse copy




I'm not in Kansas anymore! I've arrived at the center of the universe. I'm in Pakse, population 120,000!

Between boat, mini bus and waiting, the trip from Don Det took 3 1/2 hours, so not bad at all, but I was still exhausted. Tony asked me to deliver a small package to an Indian in Pakse, and I managed to do that immediately. There's a pho joint near my hotel, but it was closed for a private party, so I ducked into Amor Fati. Here, I had a plate of spaghetti, bowl of mushroom soup and a strawberry shake for $7.15. Everything was fine but the mushroom soup, which was not creamy in the least. It was like slurping brown water. The croutons that came with it were lame, too.


No comments: