If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, April 24, 2023









Coffee Saigon on 4-24-23--Pakse copy







Coffee Saigon on 4-24-23--Pakse (detail) copy




Of 20 or so houses on this block, 18 are occupied by Vietnamese, and I heard perfect Vietnamese spoken everywhere. This sign at Coffee Saigon doesn't even have Lao. The man at lower left was born in Laos but identifies with his father's native province, Nam Định, which is also where my father is from.

Several men I talked to thought Biden is a sick joke and Trump was better, but there's almost no chance Trump would be allowed back in. People everywhere pay at least some attention to American politics.


No comments: