If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, June 30, 2023









Cheeseless quesadillas, avocado and carrot and lime juice at Grow Up for 315 bahts on 6-26-23--Ubon Ratchathani copy




Meal at Grow Up on 6/26/23 for 315 bahts [$8.84]. Though the root of quesadilla is queso, meaning cheese, these only have spinach and bits of chicken in a tomato sauce. The juice, called "Skin Repair," is carrot and lime with a baby tomato.

All the patrons I've seen at Grow Up were Thais. There are very few foreigners here, and they appear to be residents instead of tourists. In my neighborhood, there are no businesses aimed at tourists. Where I was in Pakse, by contrast, there were these signs advertising bus trips to Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and other Lao cities. There were restaurants whose clienteles were mostly foreigners.


No comments: