If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm going to be interviewed by Ken Rose

at noon, pacific time, on July 4th. It will be on KOWS radio in Occidental, CA. 107.3 FM. The recording will be available a couple of days later, here. Ken has interviewed many fantastic people, Howard Zinn, James Howard Kunstler, Richard Heinberg, John Zerzan, Dmitry Orlov and Joseph Tainter, among many others, so I'm very honored. I plan to be on the streets of Camden when he calls.


Update: Due to a technical problem, this interview has been rescheduled. Ken and I were only on the air for about three minutes today, and we couldn't quite hear each other. This whole day has been out of sync for me. I had intended to eat at Donkey's Place in Camden, but the place was closed. The two downtown bars I went to were also closed, so I bought a tall can of beer and waited for Ken's call on the steps of the Walt Whitman house on Martin Luther King Blvd. Across the street was the city jail and on the next block was ABC Bails Bond. The setting was perfect for an interview, I thought. Before Ken called, a guy walked up to me and said he was the caretaker of the Whitman house, but as I talked to him, I soon realized he didn't even know who Walt Whitman was. He referred to Whitman in the present tense, as in, "He owns this entire row, including the parking lot right here." Predictably, he wanted me to give him some change.

Anyway, I look forward to talking to Ken Rose in the near future. Though the connection was bad, our chemistry was very good, so it should be a fun and productive dialogue, soon.



.

No comments: