If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, July 4, 2011

.









Woman-and-horse--Olde-City









$42.95 for a half an hour ride in a carriage sitting up to four people. $85.95 for an hour. "Half of my income comes from tips," reads a notecard reminder. She's been doing this for eight years and, no, business hasn't really gone down. Except during the winter, she takes home about 600 bucks a week. Patriotic tourism is still going strong, I suppose, in an era where soldiers and flags are everywhere. We were standing 40 feet from the Liberty Bell and half a block from Independence Hall.

Twenty something years ago, when I had more stamina for alcohol, we drank at two of the same bars.


.

No comments: