If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

.









Man-who-drank-mouthwash--Center-City







I noticed USMC on his arm. "Marines! How long were you in?"

"Eight years."

"Eight years! Where were you?"

"In Vietnam."

"In Vietnam for one year, right?"

"Yeah, just one year."

"Where were you?"

"Saigon, Pleiku, the Rockpile."

"You know, I'm Vietnamese. I was born in Saigon."

He reached his hand out, and I jumped back a little. Laughing, I said, "I thought you had pulled something out to shoot me!"

"I'm proud of you."

"Proud of me? I didn't do anything, I was just born there. When were you in Vietnam? '67?"

"Yeah, 1967."

"You made it back."

"I'm here."

Though he looked rather worn out, he had oustanding breath, very minty. If he were a girl, I would have kissed him long and hard. "Yo, man, are you drinking mouthwash?"

"Yeah."

"How much does a bottle cost?"

"4.25. For a pint."

"Well, that's not so cheap, but it does get you drunker than a beer, right?"

"Yeah."

"How long does it keep you drunk? Four, five hours?"

"About that."




.

No comments: