SUPPORT THIS PROJECT--Over 9,300 photos of Philadelphia, Albuquerque, Allentown, Ann Arbor, Ardmore, Ashland (PA), Atlanta, Atlantic City, Austin, Baltimore, Battle Mountain, Bellows Falls, Bensalem Township, Berkeley, Bethlehem, Bolivar, Boston, Bordentown, Boulder, Brooklawn (NJ), Buffalo, Burlington (NJ), Cambridge, Camden, Carbondale, Carlisle, Carmel, Cedar Rapids, Centralia, Charleston (SC), Charlotte, Chelsea (MI), Cherry Hill, Chester, Cheyenne, Chicago, Claymont (DE), Cleveland, Collingswood (NJ), Columbus, Cupertino, Daly City, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Dexter (MI), Dupont, El Cerrito, El Paso, Emeryville, Ewing Township (NJ), Fort Indiantown Gap, Fremont, Gary, Glassboro, Glenside (PA), Gloucester, Grinnell, Haddonfield (NJ), Harpers Ferry, Harrisburg, Hoboken, Houston, Jackson, Jersey City, Joliet, Kansas City (KS), Kansas City (MO), Kennewick, Knoxville, Lancaster, Langhorne, Laurel Springs (NJ), Levittown (PA), Lindenwold (NJ), Los Angeles, Los Gatos, Marcus Hook, McCook, Media (PA), Milpitas, Minneapolis, Mountain View, New Orleans, New York, Newark, New Harmony, Normal, Norristown, North Charleston, Oakland, Old Forge, Omaha, Orlando, Osceola, Overland Park, Palmyra (NJ), Palo Alto, Pasco, Penndel, Pittsburgh, Pittston, Portland, Providence, Raleigh, Redwood City, Reno, Richmond, Richmond (CA), Riverside (NJ), Roebling, Rutland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Bruno, San Francisco, San Jose, San Leandro, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Santa Monica, San Xavier del Bac, Sausalito, Savannah, Scranton, Somerdale (NJ), South San Francisco, Springfield (IL), St. Louis, St. Paul, Steelton, Stockton, Stratford (NJ), Sunnyvale, Taylor (PA), Trenton, Tucson, Union City (NJ), Ventnor, Vineland, Washington, West New York, Westmont (NJ), Wichita, Wilkes-Barre, Williston, Wilmington, Wolf Point, Woodbury (NJ) and Youngstown, etc. Outside USA: Batam, Berlin, Brighton, Budapest, Burgazada, Certaldo, Dresden, Frankfurt, Gorlitz, Grimma, Halle, Istanbul, Johor Bahru, Juarez, Kiev, Kinaliada, Leipzig, London, Luban, Markkleeberg, Prague, Reykjavik, Rivne, Singapore, Wegliniec, Wurzen, Zgorzelec.
If you have a PayPal account, you can save me the fees by sending money directly to my email address: linhdinh99@yahoo.com . Thanks!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Olliver Wichmann introduces and translates HGich.T

HGich.T is the name of a Hamburg based music and video collective. Its beginning dates back to the late 1990's at the University of Fine Arts in Hamburg. However, they themselves consider HGich.T a melting pot of different attitudes and thus, their music is a heterogeneous mix of ready-made song construction kits, wilful dilettantism and Dadaism.

There is no sophistication in either their lyrics or production technique of their videos, often this anti-culture attitude is heightened by frequent themes of drug abuse or mental illness.

Paradoxically, it is this very trash culture and exhibited self-destruction on stage that made them a viral Internet phenomenon, with frequent tour dates.



The Red Children's Jacket [Die rote Kinderjacke]

I turn on the gas cooker
I take out the sleeping pills
I light up the candles
I turn on the Stones [1]
I lie on my bed
I pull down the trousers
I take my right hand
I check everything once more
I open Facebook
I delete all my friends
I install MySpace
I put on the children's jacket
I turn on N3 [2]
I imagine a report
I see a house in flames
I jump with the jacket

Help, I'm highly gifted
I can't live like this anymore
I can't take anymore
Help, I'm highly gifted
I can't live like this anymore
I'm a nervous wreck
I ring up the boss of Mercedes

I reach the bottom
I still can breath
I want to say something
I've changed my mind
A reporter is asking me
A camera crew is filming me
A psychologist is asking me
I blink with my eyes
I say "five plus equals eight"
The psychologist is listening
The psychologist has to weep
Carlo von Tiedemann [3] drops by
He opens his children's jacket
I recognise the red jacket
I recognise my father
In my red jacket

Help, I'm highly gifted
I can't live like this anymore
I can't take anymore
Help, I'm highly gifted
I can't live like this anymore
I'm a nervous wreck
I ring up the boss of Mercedes

I put on the red jacket
I take off my trousers
I ring up the boss of Mercedes
I buy the red jacket from the boss of Mercedes
I write my name above the name of the boss of mercedes on the red jacket
I cut off the sleeves of the red jacket
Now, I look like the boss of Rocky [4]

Everything goes black
I see the red jacket
I hear footsteps
of Carlo von Tiedemann
I kick with my feet
I cannot move my feet
I wake up in the ambulance
Carlo von Tiedemann is watching me
He no longer has his red jacket on
He has a white coat on
Put over his red jacket
He is smiling at me
I get two injections
It is 15:82 h
I feel like reborn
I reincarnate as Bhagwan Aswami

[1] = The Rolling Stones
[2] = Name of a public TV channel in Northern Germany
[3] = Name of a radio and TV presenter in Northern Germany
[4] = Rocky Balboa, a character played by Silvester Stallone




The last butterfly [der letzte Schmetterling]


Jerôme: Come here... come here... come to me!

Frank-André: Jerôme, stone friend. What do you convey to me?

Jerôme: Watch out, Frank-André! The devil has returned to Earth.

Frank-André: Oh no, not again! How do I recognize him? What's to be done?

Jerôme: He's invisible. You can't see him.

Frank-André: Your cryptic remarks leave a lot to be desired. Tell me once more what I'm supposed to do.

Jerôme: [unintelligible language]

Frank-André: I warmly welcome today the present bride and groom.

Tutenchamun (groom): I don't know what to say. I'm all overwhelmed.

Frank-André: [unintelligible language]

Tutenchamun: Uh, yeah! Come on!

Frank-André: Do you wanna take Mademoiselle...

Tutenchamun: Aye, Sir! eh... aye, Sir!

Frank-André: Do you really wanna take...

Tutenchamun: Yes, I will

Maike (bride): Yes.

Tutenchamun: Come on!

Frank-André: Alright!

Maike: Have you come to an agreement? May I finally do something?

Frank-André: Hold it! What did Jerôme say to me again?

Jerôme: [unintelligible language]

Frank-André: Yes, exactly! That was it! Are you ready...

Tutenchamun: Yeah, uh

Frank-André: ...for the most challenging of all ordeals?

Tutenchamun: Yeah, uh, come on!

Frank-André: You have to hold your breath now.

Tutenchamun: I can't do it!

Frank-André: Now!

Tutenchamun: Yeah, uh, a really wicked feeling!

[music piece]

A really wicked feeling, yeah
I've got no feeling, yeah
I'm an anaconda, yeah

Frank-André: [unintelligible language]

Bride's father (Dr. Geilser): My son-in-law looks a bit down-at-heel.
A small dowry would befit him. 35... 36... 37 Euros. I can't give
more, I'm afraid! Wait a minute! I handed out a twenty Euro note to
you.

Maike: Huh?

Dr. Geilser: Give me my money back again!

Maike: Do get out your EC-card.

Dr. Geilser: I want to count again.

[Music piece]

We can't give back the money, yeah
Come, let us simply live, yeah
I pulled away the note, yeah
I don't take any drugs, yeah
I drive a Fiat Panda - yeah
I've got two nostrils, yeah
I'm the Three Wise Men, yeah
Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar, yeah
I'm a beautiful butterfly, yeah
I use to eat French fries, yeah
A barrier, red-white, yeah
I am the only one
The only corps of drums
For I am the only one
The only corps of drums

Jerôme: Come here... come to me!

Frank-André: Jerôme!

Jerôme: What did you do today, Frank-André? Was it good or bad? Or both? Or crappy? Let's start again! [unintelligible language]




.

2 comments:

destroytheuniverse said...

HGich.T - well, OK! The new 'WEIMAR' is upon us. Shitty times inspire great art?

x larry said...

it's truly beautiful

Followers

About Me

Born in Vietnam in 1963, I came to the US in 1975, and have also lived in Italy, England and Germany. I'm the author of two books of stories, Fake House (2000) and Blood and Soap (2004), five of poems, All Around What Empties Out (2003), American Tatts (2005), Borderless Bodies (2006), Jam Alerts (2007) and Some Kind of Cheese Orgy (2009), and a novel, Love Like Hate (2010). I've been anthologized in Best American Poetry 2000, 2004, 2007, Great American Prose Poems from Poe to the Present, Postmodern American Poetry: a Norton Anthology (vol. 2) and Flash Fiction International: Very Short Stories From Around the World, etc. I'm also editor of Night, Again: Contemporary Fiction from Vietnam (1996) and The Deluge: New Vietnamese Poetry (2013). Blood and Soap was chosen by Village Voice as one of the best books of 2004. My writing has been translated into Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Icelandic and Finnish, and I've been invited to read in London, Cambridge, Brighton, Paris, Berlin, Leipzig, Halle, Reykjavik, Toronto, Singapore and all over the US. I've also published widely in Vietnamese.