If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, December 21, 2022









Mezze Platter at Bread and Chocolate Chennai on 12-21-22--Chennai copy




At Bread and Chocolate Chennai, I had this Mezze Platter for $5.98, pricey for India. I was in a very pleasant, air conditioned room, however. With no olives or feta cheese, there were no salty bits, but hey, I wasn't in Beirut or Cairo! Just two years ago, I had +3 months of Arab food daily.

With the Japanese and Thai consulates nearby, there were two Thai and two Japanese restaurants in the neighborhood. I'll be back in Bangkok soon enough, however, so Thai food can wait.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you been eating otherwise in Chennai?

Best,
S

Linh Dinh said...

Hi S.,

I've had quite a variety of food here, mutton biryani, mutton fried rice, dosa, paneer roll, afghan chicken, chicken burger with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and mayo, and chicken momos. There were more choices available near my Bengaluru hotel, but whatever. Chennai seems less cosmopolitan.


Linh