If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, July 29, 2021

When you surf English-language sites from Albania,

these are the kinds of ads you get:








Surfing from Albania on 7-28-21--Tirana






On July 20th, I bought a one-way ticket to my new destination, to fly out on August 4th. On July 24th, I booked a cheap apartment for a month, for a lot less than what I would pay in Philly, for example. On July 27th, I booked a taxi from the airport. Everything was lined up, so I was ready to go. On the afternoon of August 2nd, I would take my Covid test, to get the result the next morning.

Yesterday, July 28th, the airline suddenly canceled my flight! Immediately, I had to book another flight with a different company, to arrive on the same day, but 10 hours later. There are also two layovers instead of one, and this ticket costs me nearly $200 more. I also had to file for a refund from the first airline, Emirates.

That's traveling during Covid for you. Plus, my destination is not exactly hot right now. I imagine many people have canceled their flights to avoid going there.



.

No comments: