If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, September 19, 2021

.








Burger at Kloof Street House on 9-19-21--Cape Town






Kloof Street House. For this huge and excellent burger with fries, and an outstanding beer on draft, I paid $16.61 (plus $2.37 for tip, which starts at 10% here). To give you a more balanced picture of Cape Town, I need to wander into places like this occasionally, and not just present awful eateries such as the one I experienced in Goodwood.

Menu description of burger, "Grass fed beef burger with smoked tomato ailoli, pickles, red onion mushroom relish and fontina cheese," and I paid $3.39 extra for bacon.

Like I said, my articles and photos of South Africa have gotten nothing but positive responses from its residents, and I've made several local friends.

This morning, a Captonian sent me two photos taken from his apartment. Although they showed snow capped mountains and the sea (in the distant), he explained that his was only a modest neighborhood, "I mean, c'mon, you think white people want to leave these kinds of very affordable and accessible views for another western country where such views are impossibly expensive?"

He added, "If whites were being murdered [in pricey neighborhoods such as Camps Bay or Sea Point] in a concerted sort of way, and for racial reasons, they would have abandoned those places long ago. "

At lunch, I texted my friend, "I'm at Kloof Street House. Massive white genocide here! They're dropping left and right from overeating some of the best food anywhere. They're also being massacred by the black jazz!!! Cannonball Adderley! The name itself is evil."

He replied with four laughing emojis, "No doubt. Carnage everywhere."

Unlike most Cape Town restaurants, this one had white waitresses, three young women who were gorgeous. When I told one that many Americans think South Africa is going up in flames, she cracked up. She was pleased to hear I found her city "one of the most beautiful I've seen, and I've been everywhere."

"And it will get even better," she said, "now that the weather is getting warmer."


.

No comments: