If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022










Burger at Don Quijote on 7-23-22--Vung Tau copy






$7.74 burger at Don Quijote, one of the best restaurants in town. With wagyu beef, emmental cheese, bits of bacon and a mushroom sauce, all the ingredients are top notch and it's a great deal, yet it still doesn't hit the spot. First off, that's hot sauce and not ketchup, though the latter is promptly available upon request. Perhaps they also have mustard in the kitchen. This burger, then, is rather dry and without much flavor. There's not enough cheese, sauce or pickle to give it that kick. Speaking of pickles, I could barely taste it, so there really is anti-Semitism everywhere!

I had amazing burgers in Beirut, Cape Town and Swakopmund. The worst ever was this monstrosity in Ea Kly. Just a block from Don Quijote, I had a horrible burger at Steak Viet that was breaded!


2 comments:

Gentleman Farmer said...

So, I just had to follow the link to the worst burger ever, and, you're right, my God, what a monstrosity. It looked like a turd on a bun. For me, I'd have been hard pressed to even give it a nibble...

NJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJ said...

I've recently been making Depression-era smash burgers for Jiwon. 50% onion. Quite excellent...especially since the beef sucks in this part of the world. Onions end up being the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wm-rPBkW2o&ab_channel=MartinsPotatoRolls